Friday, May 22, 2009

Motorhome @ Subterranean 5/19/9

I got to Subterranean too late to see the band I intended to see, the Vindits, so I happened to listen to Motorhome instead. Now, at first I was amped because I remember Motorhome from my high school years in the early to mid 1990s. I saw them by chance at the Metro, then heard a review of that show on Sound Opinions, who loved it as much as I did. I ran out and bought Sex Vehicle, which I still listen to occasionally to this day. I had no idea they were still around. Turns out, they're not. No, this wasn't THAT Motorhome. Instead, to my surprise, the band I saw this time is an alt-country band that my friend from the Vindits summarized as "Kings of Leon with Lemmy Kilmister as the singer." I think it's more accurate to say veteran bar band meets the Silver Jews, but whatever. They're very talented, know how to boogie, and pumped up the small, quiet crowd. It was an unexpected treat, and that deserves a lot of credit.

Value/Cost = $5/7 = 72% = C-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers