Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bloc Party @ Aragon 3/28/9


I've seen Bloc Party a lot. Maybe too much. I even missed a flight home from Austin and sat in the 109 degree sun in order to catch their act. I love the band, but the show is getting old. I think crowd at the Aragon thought Rascal Flats or some shit was playing, because I've never seen so many fratastic and fratastics-in-training at an "indie" show.  It was annoying.  Of course, trying to hear anything through the mud-filled-hollow-shit-tube that is the Aragon sound system didn't help any.  Going to this show also made me a liar since I vowed never to return after a (surprisingly decent) Iron Maiden reunion tour in the early 2000s.  I was surprised that the building was still standing. Imagine my shock to see that the place has actually been fixed up quite nicely. Now if only they could improve the sound, and keep the douche bags out, I might consider returning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers