Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SHOWcal and iCloud

As you might have heard, Apple launched iCloud last week. I'm slowly migrating showcowgo.com to a new (less shitty) platform, but in the meantime there's some iCloud-related changes afoot with the SHOWcal. You can still subscribe via iCal, view on the website, and subscribe via Google calendars and I'm hoping to keep it that way. However, iCloud is currently forbidding Google from auto-indexing iCloud calendars and I can't find anything to suggest when Apple will fix this. As a result, since SHOWcal is simply my embedded Google calendar, it is not going to reflect the most recent changes. Until Apple fixes this or I figure out a work-around, the only way to make sure you have the most recent calendar is to subscribe to my iCloud feed here, which will sync your iCal-supported client/application with any changes. I'll update in a new post if/when there are any new developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers