Thursday, June 17, 2010

Local Natives @ Schubas 5/14/10

Man am I behind on concert reviews, so time to knock some of these backlogs out. First up (and briefly): Local Natives. I had heard most of their debut album "Gorilla Manor" prior to this show, largely b/c seemingly every song off it is a single and/or co-opted for a TV commercial, yet I was more excited to see their opener (who I can't even remember). But this show really blew me away. Live, LN plays much more aggressively than the forest-rock harmonies so prevalent on record, and sounds like an entirely different band. I've since picked up the record, and can't help but feel a little let down in comparison to the live show. Which isn't to say its not a great record - it is. But if you get a chance to see them live, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers