Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Depreciation Guild @ Logan Square Auditorium 9/8/9

This was a new band to me, slotted between Cymbals Eat Guitars and the Pains of Being Pure at Heart (thus making this a run for lineup of the worst band names of all time).  The Depreciation Guild is a dreamy fuzz drone guitar/drum/bass trio played over 8-bit bleep bloop synth beats, with video projection to match. I feel like I've seen this band 100 times before, and every one of them is instantly forgettable. It's the type of music one listens to when anything edgier than The Killers is just too extreme. How did this band get better billing than darling of the moment Cymbals Eat Guitars? Oh yeah, the frontman just happens to be the drummer for Pains of Being Pure at Heart (which I skipped, because that name is awful, and Depreciation Guild drove me out of the building).

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers